Everybody Has a Hungry Heart!

Posted by Diane on Jul 7, 2010

Master the desire, the passion, and the ability to compassionately, reach out to people. Nothing compares to the wonderful, cozy sensations we have when we sense that someone really cares about us. Everybody has a hungry heart. Humans thrive on healthy interpersonal connections – we are meant to be happy, social creatures. And it’s so easy to achieve this bond by kindly extending a personal part of ourselves to others.

Today, we are living on the fast track in a rapidly changing world. Due to our modern existence, smothered with automation and highly sophisticated technology, making contact with a truly caring and competent service specialist seems to be becoming more and more of a rarity. In our time-pressed society we are all so busy multitasking, just to stay afloat, we have totally lost touch with the precious value for human caring and enjoyable interconnectedness with one-another.

If society could only realize that it takes so little to give so much, and it costs us nothing but our time! Unfortunately feeling starved for time, ourselves, we too, are so overwhelmed and self-absorbed that we totally overlook this modest, yet essential feat. It seems that in our present society, we are all out chasing the wind. Few of us are taking the valuable time to stop and experience the rich sensations of the soft, gentle breeze. How sad!

So what can you do to make a worthwhile contribution and difference in our spinning, out-of-control world? Be different than other salespeople, simply, by slowing your tempo down. Take that extra moment to treat your new prospects as though they are someone special. Take a few moments to tap into them; ask them about themselves and their talents, and listen to their responses with genuine interest. Let them know you are there with them and for them. Treat them the way you would like to be treated! You will be truly amazed with the wondrous results – your efforts will pay off tenfold!

I realize that not everyone is nice and/or receptive, nor do they want to be, and that’s just how the ball bounces. But what in the world do you have to lose by graciously channeling yourself to this euphoric place and seeing where it takes you? Again, this effort costs you nothing. It’s free! It seems almost impossible for me to express in words the blissful feelings you will experience when you realize the beautiful contribution you are gifting to others.

Besides the joy you are giving others, look at the wealth of goodness you are flooding into your own soul. Your sunshine energy not only affects your recipient, it permeates our universe. Think of your actions as a much-needed, healthy new epidemic – your vibrant, radiant behavior will catch on and become contagious. It’s really that simple!

Enjoy this beautiful, soft whisper from the past that I just read this morning: “Blessed are those who can give without remembering and take without forgetting.”  This quote comes from Elizabeth Bibesco, a 20th century English writer. Please lock this precious morsel into your heart and model it in your life! Envision each small contribution you make for the betterment of mankind, to add up and help make our world a better place.

This blog is an excerpt from my book, Just Treat Me Like I Matter: The Heart of Sales.

Share and Enjoy:
  • Live
  • Ping.fm
  • Technorati
  • Tumblr

12 Comments »

Priya Srivastva:

Beautiful!So true….yet people dont seem to realise this…I hope everyone reads your book…take care

July 8th, 2010 | 9:10 am

Great advice to put into action every day. Thank you!

July 12th, 2010 | 3:20 pm
Amit Nagpal:

Perfect. The need of the hour

July 13th, 2010 | 12:43 am

I love the support! I know I am on the right path for me! Thanks! Diane

July 15th, 2010 | 11:26 am

Such kinds words for my heartfelt message to all fo you. Thanks! Diane

July 15th, 2010 | 11:27 am

What a good message to remember and keep in our hearts..giving to others will always come around full circle.

July 17th, 2010 | 8:00 am

Rebecca, Thanks for taking the time to go over to my blog, read it, and comment. Yes, you and I do have similar hearts and the world needs many more of us!! Diane

July 17th, 2010 | 8:42 am

A very good blog and great message Diana, but I think that this is a philosophical foundation, not a process driver, and true sales is a process (within the B2B world at least). In truth, people make buy decisions based on a wide variety of parameters. Discovering those and understanding them is really what sales is about in my opinion. While I am new to sales and thus no expert, my goal is not be be the most-liked salesperson, but the one that earns respect by offering a good solution that the customer will benefit from, at a fair price.

I wish you great success with your book, and indeed, hope your message helps create the “epidemic” you mention above… ;>)

July 26th, 2010 | 12:52 pm

Thank you Bob, for taking the time to read my blog and make a comment. I do like what you have to add and your appreciation to my cause for creating a kinder and more caring world. I believe that people who are in the limelight have a great opportunity, not only to help people have what they want and make a living at it, but, they also have a wonderful chance to make a positive difference in people’s lives. Human love successful business exchanges, and we thrive on quality relationships. As I say, “People buy people and they buy best from people that treat them like they matter.” Of course that is how it is in the world I work from from because my type of selling is relationship selling.

But I can certainly appreciate what you have to say about B2B sales. In your case I agree with you that “true sales is a process.” And people in these positions need to have well disciplined skills and qualities. Carrying out details and reliable follow-through are key. And earning your respect in what ever position you are in the sales chain is utmost. For, I have many many people I love to be around and like immensely, but I would not trust them to do any kind of business with.

Bob, I wish you lots of luck in your in new career of sales. Just remember one thing: You will always be the best product you will ever have to market. So make it a good one! Thanks again, Diane

July 27th, 2010 | 9:27 am

Diane,
Um–m –m, so sweet are the words of your work. They taste as honey on the tongue. Those of us that have a true, deep understanding of life, stand together in agreement that as you reach out and touch someones life, so shall yours be touched. Keep reaching, keep teaching. It’s food for the soul.

July 29th, 2010 | 6:57 pm

Bonnie,

What a delightful message to find this morning! Thank you for your gracious compliments, but as I like to say, the gift I have does not come from me, it comes through me. I have done a ton of work to learn what I have. And I will be sharing much more. For, there is nothing I am more passionate about than leaving my mark on our struggling universe, to make it a better place, by helping others.

July 30th, 2010 | 7:56 am

You must spent a lot of time writing articles on your blog, you can save a lot of time, just type in google:

treoughan’s rewriter